Sunday, March 2, 2008

3 Milestones















My sweet boy had 3 milestones this week, but I think they were bigger milestones for Mama.

1 - Thomas has moved out of the bassinet in our room into the crib in his room. This was hard for Paulo and me. I miss hearing him breath at the foot of my bed. He's doing okay in the crib - not sleeping through the night yet, but sleeping better than I anticipated. Now if I could just relax about the move and sleep better! And you all know our little house - he's not that far away!

2 - Thomas went into nursery during church today. Again - tough one for me! The childcare at our church is wonderful - they do such a great job. But I was a nervous mama. Today, however, when Pastor Jeramie was starting the lesson, Thomas decided it was time to start talking, loudly, so we had to leave the sanctuary. He didn't fall asleep and I was getting nothing out of the lesson, so off he went to nursery and I got to go back into the sanctuary and focus on the message - the first time in 3 months. This is a good thing. I'll be a much better mom if I'm being fed the Word.


3 - He has officially outgrown his first "batch" of clothing - newborn and 0-3 months. I packed up all those items and pulled the 3-6 mos clothes out of the attic. Boy was it hard! I cried as I folded each little outfit. I hope its just because these were his first clothes, and that each stage/size won't be so difficult. And for each sweet outfit I put away, there was an even cuter outfit to come in the next size! Like this one (from my dear friend Brandy - I don't think you can see really well in this pic - the pants are pin striped!!!)


No comments: