Thursday, March 13, 2008

The times...they are a changin



















*** I was trying out a new feature on my camera that I just learned about, but have yet to figure out how to work the flash and the feature at the same time. Oh well - he's still beautiful!

Wow - early daylight savings time is AWESOME!! I'm not generally affected by the seasons. In fact, I welcome each season and all its unique qualities with open arms, including cold and dark days (all the better to cuddle up). But I am really enjoying the extra hour plus of daylight!! Now - if we could just get the weather to warm up a little and stay. I'm not looking for much - just above 40 each day. Oh well - soon enough.

And my boy - he's changing so much! The other day Paulo was carrying him over to
me and I just looked at Thomas and I saw a little boy. Not a baby, not an infant, but a little boy!! He is eating food twice a day now, and he's been drinking from a sippy cup!!! And the biggest and best news of all.....he's sleeping through the night!!! Its been a full week now of 8 hour nights...in his crib...in his room. Of course, now that I've published that, all will change, but hey, the pattern has been set, we know it can be done. I tell him every morning how proud we are! And he even wakes up so chipper! He's turning me into a morning person - OH MY WORD!!!

As for my annual goals - I think I mentioned I wanted to learn how to cook and to do more cooking. Well - I've been on a role this week in the kitchen. I really enjoy it - not just the final product (yummy!), but the process. I like taking a whole bunch of things and creating something out of them. This week we had roasted lemon chicken with lemon thyme gravy, chicken with mushroom dijon sauce, raviolli with basil tomato sauce (I made the sauce, not the raviollis). But our favorite this week was gyros platter! Yes - I made gyros at home! And it tasted just as good - no, better - than the take out version! As Paulo said - we may never order take out again!! And by the way - all these meals were 30 minute meals - yes really!!! Bon Appetite all!

Thomas with his sippy cup and his daddy



No comments: