Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's day

Every day that I get to spend with Thomas is mother's day to me. I know - I'm one of those sickening mother's so in love with her child....but I don't care. I'm Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch - I LOVE being a mom! And since I feel like I wasted away my first five years of marriage - meaning I took it all for granted and didn't count my blessings - then I am going to eat up this time with Thomas!

For mother's day, I had a manicure, pedicure and massage on saturday - oooooo that was nice. And needed - apparently I was super tight in my upper back from carrying my little, or should I say, big guy. Then Sunday I had a perfect mother's day - Paulo and I went to church (Thomas stayed home with my folks), then everyone came
over and we had cook-out with my ranch potato salad (1st time this season - YUM-O), and I made these very yummy berry chocolate cups for dessert. I even got a nap in - it was perfect!

The next 2 weeks are a little crazy here - Thomas and I are headed to VT this week for my cousin Amy's baby shower (a new cousin for Thomas due in July!). Paulo can't come because he has BU graduation all weekend - its like a 72 hour weekend for him. Then next week I have to pack up our 2 front rooms to prepare for renovation. Will keep you posted on all that!

1 comment:

hoop139 said...

Oh, so I get no credit for babysitting?? :)