Thursday, July 10, 2008

So much going on!!!


First and foremost, despite all of Paulo's tremendous efforts and amazing work, our house project is not yet complete.
Walls - painted and done.
Ceiling - painted and done.
Lights, fans, outlets - done.
Floor - shiny and done.
Trim around doors and windows - not so much. The devil really is in the details and thus that is where we're at. So, we are taking a 2 week break and will finish up end of July or beginning of August. Which, in my opinion, is still amazing - 2 months when you're doing all the work yourself! And it will indeed be soooooooo worth it - we can see that already.

Thomas is officially a big boy. I just can't believe all the changes. He is crawling - and let me assure you, he can move!! He's also achieved pulling himself up and walking a little ways along the couch. He is eating finger foods - grapes, nectarines, carrots, pasta. He loves all food. Only now that he can feed himself he doesn't want any help. He's also drinking from a cup without a sippy lid, but with assistance. I now spend my days saying NO - no, don't touch the cord; no, don't pick up the kitty food; no, don't grab the curtain. I know it has to be done, but I hate bursting his bubble. He beams with such pride when he reaches something only to have me take it away. Mean mommy!


This week I'm volunteering at our church Vacation Bible School. I'm an assistant crew leader for 2nd graders - 4 boys and 2 girls. Its so awesome, and I'm learning so much myself. Is this really for kids? The worship is amazing - brings me to tears - and the lessons are so rich. I'm memorizing more verses this week than I have in 5 years. Thomas goes into nursery for the morning and gets to watch all the other little babies which he enjoys - and it tires him out.

Saturday we embark on our annual pilgrimage to Eagle Camp. We are so looking forward to it - both to see everyone and introduce Thomas, but also to get some much needed rest. I'm a little worried about how the boy will do, however, he's been great with every new adventure so I'm sure he'll be just fine.

No comments: