Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is there anything worse than the stomach bug?

Yes! ....when your husband also has it ....and you have a toddler you are both trying to take care of ....who then also gets it ....oh, and you also have what feels like a broken tail bone from falling down the iced-over back stairs The past 48 hours have been utter torture. First Paulo comes down with the bug, so we tried to avoid him. Well, I should have just sent him to his parents (down the street). The next day I started throwing, and then 10 hours later, in the middle of the night, our poor sweet boy threw up in his bed, in his sleep. As I was getting worse, Paulo was getting better, thankfully, because I just couldn't take care of Thomas - I was too weak. But our boy - he is such a trooper. He'd throw up then go back to smiling and playing. His play was a little more slow and little more quiet than usual, but he was fine. We all seem to be back to health today. although weak and tired. This is the 2nd year in a row I've kicked off my post holiday weight loss with a stomach bug - not how I'd recommend it at all. Now its off to tackle all the laundry that piled up in the past 2 days. I hope you are all healthy and well.

No comments: