Friday, February 20, 2009

Six years ago, I made the best decision of my life....

I MARRIED PAULO BRASIL. We had a fairy tale courtship. Travel, adventures, romance. That's Paulo - a die-hard romantic. Every special occasion he outdid himself - bigger and better than the previous anniversary, birthday or holiday. And our wedding was the BIGGEST and BEST time we ever had. 210 of our friends and family were there to celebrate with us on a cold, rainy, day in the dead of winter out in Western MA where not much happens (sorry friends who still live there). What better backdrop for a party - and what a party it was!!! Food, music, dancing, and the laughter - the non stop laughter... it was the best night of my life! Then we settled in to married life. Jobs, working on the house, saving money.....but Paulo doesn't "settle". He still lived every day to make me happy. He brought home flowers - for no reason. He'd stop and get me my favorite treat - just because. He'd work overtime to get me a nice birthday or anniversary gift. We went through tough times (job loss, infertility, all my health issues and surgeries) and he held my hand, whispered assurances in my ear, and smiled all the way through. He made MAKES me laugh, he makes me smile, he makes me feel safe....e-v-e-r-y d-a-y. And now he is the best daddy. He is so involved - not because I ask - I never have to ask. He WANTS to do it - even after a 14 hour day at work, or a 70 hour week, or 3 hours of sleep. He gets down on the floor and makes the truck noises; he gets up on weekends and makes breakfast; he changes diapers and gives baths; he says no and sticks to it; he holds Thomas' little hand and gives the biggest hugs. Yup - I made a good decision, and I thank God every day.

1 comment:

Liz Tousignant said...

Bree - Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. You definitely have been through a lot and deserve the best...which it seems you have found. Smiles and hugs are being sent from (boring) Western MA :-).

~Liz