Friday, June 12, 2009

On the mend

I had surgery on Tuesday. It was minor - the docs removed some tissue from my breast that they say had "atypical" cells. My doc told it was less than 10% chances it would be cancer, so I'm not getting too worked up while we await the test results. The hardest part of this all is that I cannot pick up the boy for 10 days - ugh. Not that he needs me - he has his Nana and Pepe (my folks) so he is more than content....and spoiled. But it makes me sad. I've had a great peace and calm throughout this process. I've been going through this since March 17th - the date of my 2nd mammogram. I then had a consult, a biopsy, and now this, and yet still, I'm okay. I've prayed to God not for healing or clean test results, but for peace and strength. And He has granted them abundantly.

No comments: