Saturday, January 16, 2010

2009 Year in Review

I'm getting ready to post my 2010 Goals (cause I don't like the word resolutions), when it occurred to me that I should really take the time to review 2009, but not in the typical way.

I need to give thanks and praise to God, publicly,  for all He gave us and accomplished in us in 2009.  Because, without Him, we would be nothing, and our goals would be empty.  So before I just power into 2010, I want to declare His good works in me.  Which means I'm going to share here, in MY blog, with all of you, whoever YOU are that read this. 

1) Our healthy, happy, growing and developing boy Thomas.  We do not take lightly the blessing of him, nor of his good health. We really had an easy winter with him last year - very few colds and no serious flu.  We are also enjoying all the wonders of his growth and development.  His speech and vocabulary have exploded these past few weeks, as well as concepts and connections of ideas, and its so amazing to watch.  I don't read a lot of books about where he should be and what he should be doing at each stage - that tends to get me all worked up when he isn't exactly on track.  So every day really is a surprise to me!

2) Our marriage and life together.  Don't get me wrong, Paulo and I have our differences, and our arguments, and our challenges, but we keep on keeping on - we are committed to this marriage and this life we are building.  And God honors our faithfulness to that goal by helping each of us in the ways we need help.

3) Provision - home, work, material needs. In such a tough economy, we give GREAT thanks to God that we still have Paulo's employment and his side-business, as well as a comfortable home and the means to meet our financial obligations and put food on the table every day.

4) Grandparents.  I cannot stress how wonderful it is that Thomas has 3 grandparents so actively involved in his life.  Their time and fun with him is really helping shape him and who he is, adding to his sense of self and security, and Paulo and I are touched by it all.  Paulo and I each grew up with 3 grandparents who we loved spending time with and we are just elated our boy has the same opportunity.

5) 2nd chances.  I've made my share of mistakes in relationships, and this year, God paved the way for 2nd chances, and I will forever be grateful.  You know who you are.

6) Paulo's shift change - which, as previously posted here, has been a HUGE improvement for our family.  The additional time we've had together is wonderful, and the extra time has enabled Paulo has to accomplish his long list of commitments in a much more consistent, satisfying manner. 

7) All the extras in our life, and we've certainly had many this year.  We went on trips, had vacations, been able to get Thomas some fun things, been able to get ourselves some fun and some necessary things - from camera accessories, to a new back door, to a fort knox security system after being robbed. 

8) Peace.  There have been some decisions and some "things" - for lack of a better word - that I've been praying about for a while now.  My prayer hasn't been "God, please grant xxx", but rather, "God, please help guide us to a decision, and more importantly, give us a clear sense of peace about whatever decision we come to", and at the very end of 2009 - God really truly gave me a peace, deep in my heart, about 2 of these things.  And having that peace, has really helped me go into 2010 with a renewed sense of self and purpose for this year, and for my life. 

So, now that I've given glory and praise to the only One who deserves the credit, next week I'll post those goals for which I will use as my guide to fulfill more of my purpose. 

And all God's people said, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.