Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How I know he's staying

Still to this day, when I put Thomas to bed at night, I have to remind myself that he is ours, here to stay, and that we get to do it all over again tomorrow.  I guess when you wait 5 years for your miracle, it takes more than 2.3 yrs to settle in.

Well, that is until Mon Feb 1.  Now I know he's staying.  And here's why.
 

That, my friends, is a big boy bed.  And that is a big boy in that bed.  When you set up the crib, you know that's only step one.   And the whole time its up and in use, you know its only temporary.  But this bed, its here to stay.  And the reason we have it is here to stay too - that boy.  While I wish I could say the transition is going well, I cannot.  And it doesn't help that the mama is an emotional wreck because she can't deal with the fact her boy really is indeed a big boy. 

Reason #2 how I knew he's here to stay?  The honeymoon is over.  Thomas is definitely 2 now.  And for those who keep saying 3 is the new 2 - then I'm dead meat.  Cause 2 is pretty rough these days.   I can officially say its not cute anymore, that I don't care that his excuse is hunger or tired, and that his "adorable squeal of delight" is now a piercing, shrill screech that goes straight up my spine and explodes in my brain.  Hmmm, maybe I'm being harsh.......Nope, just re-read it - its true.  

Let the games begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that the bed may be there to stay, but like Drew (Uncle Buck or Andrew), the bed's previous occupant, Thomas is not here to stay. Some day he'll move out. But enjoy him every minute, good or tough, that he is there.

Big T