Saturday, October 2, 2010

Secret

I've been keeping a secret.

Its a good one.

And now

I can


finally share.



wait for it....




We bought a house!!

A fabulous gorgeous wonderful house

A Big Fat Fixer-Upper.

Oooooo, but the potential.



Thank you faithful readers and friends for putting up with all my mysterious, vague complaining recently.  This very long, complicated, scary process has been ongoing since July 4th.  Talk about a stressful summer.

We weren't planing on buying a house...sort of.  I mean, we were talking about it...a little.  Throwing ideas around.  But we weren't looking.  This house just sort of found us.

Actually, it found me.  While out on a walk.  I saw it.  I called.  We toured.

I wanted it.

I felt it.

I knew it.

Then I had to sell Paulo on it.

That, my friends, was a very...BIG....sell.

Then there were a lot of logistics about buying this house...and some drama.  I'd like to say this will be our forever home, because i N E V E R want to go through this process again!

But it is ours.  ALL OURS.  And I am overjoyed and filled to the brim with blessings.  There is no doubt in my mind that this house, our future HOME is truly a gift from God.

I'm saying that here.  now.  firmly.

 So that you all can hold me accountable when I start complaining and whining about ALL THE WORK.  Cause there's A WHOLE LOT of work to be done.

I hope you will join me on this journey .....I intend to post lots of before and after pics of all the remodeling projects.

And pics of the process of transforming this currently empty, boring, personality-less, blank-slate box of walls, floors, windows and doors into OUR warm, cozy, peaceful, happy, bursting-at-the-seams-with-joy safe haven in this world.

Our little postage stamp on this earth...while we are here.

1 comment:

kshjah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Can't wait to see it! Ok...now that I"ve gotten that out of the way.. OMG...you had me (and I"m sure) soo many others reading your fabulous blog soooo worried that there was a very serious issue out there in Hull.. I am very happy to hear, however, that CONGRATS are definitely the right response to this surprise!