Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the TRUE test for A.D.D.

Here's how to determine if you are A.D.D.  Combine the following:

  • packing all your belongings in boxes for a move
  • taking down all the boxes of decorations from the attic to put up Christmas
  • deciding what is being donated and put all that in boxes
  • and, oh yea - doing all your daily routines to keep the house and life in order.

I literally cannot get from one simple task to the next without getting completely off track!

Sadly, we've determined we just cannot get the new house completed and moved into before Christmas. I've come to terms with the new time table.  Believe me, it took me a while to be okay with it.  There are positives though:

  • We can decorate now for one last Christmas season of memory-making moments in our old house.  
  • I can breath easier and actually enjoy the month of December.  
  • I can pack at a much more manageable pace (hence the breathing easier)
  • Finally, since January is usually such a let down and the house seems so empty after taking down all the holiday cheer, at least now we'll have something wonderful to look forward to!

No comments: