Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Why I blog


"Maybe the reason we all love stories is because 
we are - each one of us - 
in a story right now 
 John Eldridge

And that, in a nutshell, is why I blog. 

To tell MY story.  

OUR story
 


People who know me know I love to make scrapbooks.  I've been doing it since I was in high school.  My scrapbooks have evolved over the years - from cutting up photos with scissors and using a glue stick, to using fancy cutting tools and matching embellishments on my pages. 

I like think of my blog as another type of scrapbook.

A scrapbook of us...by us...for us.  

But I also love being part of something bigger.  Let's face it - we all want to be a part of something bigger.

And I love being part of this blogging community. 

I've connected with women from all over the world (yes, really).  When I say "connected" - I mean through their words, stories, and pictures.  I've cried with ANGIE, and I've laughed til I cried with COURTNEY.  I've had the priviledge of praying with ADRIENNE, and enjoyed treats and ideas from KENDRA.  I even have the joy of keeping up with treasured family and friends who I don't get see in person as often as I like, but do get to "see" online, like AMY and JILL.

I've learned from and more importantly, have been inspired by all these women and countless more, through their personal challenges and triumphs, and I am honored to be included in their journeys, if only in spirit.

Many sites advise to "define your bloggy purpose" - and there's a set of guidelines to help you do just that.  For now, I guess I'd have to say that my blog purpose is MY STORY - whatever chapter of life I happen to be on that day. Cooking, decorating, stressing, praying, learning, playing, glorifying God - that's what my scrapbooks are about, and that is what my blog is about. 

And I thank you readers, whoever you are, wherever you are.  Thank you for reading along in our life.  We are honored to have you share our story.

No comments: