Saturday, December 18, 2010

Its FINALLY beginning to look, and feel, a lot like Christmas

I am a complete sap for all things Christmas. 
I've been listening to Christmas music for weeks now.  
My shopping has been done for a while. My cards were done and mailed in good time. 

Now, now...before you judge me, 
there is a method to my seeming madness.

Because I have an idea.

A crazy, wonderful idea. 

That the Christmas season should be enjoyed.

GASP!! NO!

YES!  Isn't that such a wonderful thought?

Not so original maybe, but certainly novel these days.

So in order to make that happen
because yes, I do have some control - 
I plan, I organize, I do things early.

So I now have time for the fun and traditions.

Like decorating the house and the tree. 

Baking.


Wrapping..
which I do while indulging in my favorite Christmas movies:

 
Even going to the mall.  
But my mall excursion is just for fun...and escalator rides.  
(because let's face it - that's what a 3yr old boy wants to do) 

And best of all, 
spending time visiting with family, friends, and loved ones. 

That's how we do Christmas here.  
Its such a special season, for so many reasons, 
including the early beginnings of  Paulo's and my relationship 12 years ago, 
and then his sweet, wonderful, surprise proposal 9 years ago.  
Those memories are just the cherry on top of it all.

And now with an active, curious boy, 
we'll make brand new precious memories.


So I wish you and your family a merry Christmas season.  
Give yourself a gift - an early gift.  
Do something, just ONE thing that you LOVE to do.  
Forget the money, the time, the logistics.  
Make it happen...FOR YOU.

Merry Merry.

1 comment:

Becka said...

The apron looks great on him!