Thursday, February 16, 2012

1,000 Gifts Thursday

Music.

All genres, all types, all styles.

I love music.

I need music.

It sets my mood...or sometimes it saves my mood.

It sets the tone for our home, our day, our season.

It is hands down one of the top 5 things my parents did for me. See, they loved music too.  They always had music playing at our house...all genres, all types, all styles. And although I never fully appreciated my parents music choices, I've now arrived at them.

"The sounds of the 70's" 

Neil Diamond.  Barry Manilow.  Anne Murray. 

I want music to be one of the gifts we give Thomas.  Paulo and I are both musicians - both singers and instrumentalists.  It is assumed but most that music is a part of the fabric of our family.  But I want it to be part of him - his soul. 

These are currently playing on "repeat" at our house these days: