Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm in stitches....literally

For a few years now I've been wanting to learn how to knit.  I looked into taking a class, but then thought of something even better.  There is a very talented woman in our church who knits beautifully so I asked her if she would give lessons.  She agreed, and so a friend and I took our first private lesson Mid January.  It was AWESOME!!  In 3 short hours I learned more than I ever imagined and since then this is what I have accomplished....

First project...

Second project....

Thomas actually requested I make him this scarf -even thought he doesn't wear them.  I indulged of course because I was so tickled that someone asked me to make them something....forget that the someone is 4 years old. 

Third project....

Okay, Okay - so I've only made scarves thus far, but I thought they would be a great projects to practice my technique while feeling accomplished by actually completing something rather quickly.  I've already begun a blanket, and another project that I'm keeping top secret at the moment because I'm not really sure how it will turn out.  I'm also going to be scheduling my next lesson so I can learn how to make hats.  From there I'd like to learn mittens, socks, maybe even sweaters.

Wow....goal set.....goal accomplished.

Now a whole new list of goals....knitting goals.