Saturday, May 12, 2012

1000 Gifts Thursday - my husband

Today I am thankful for the very best husband in the world.

If you've been reading my blog, you know that May is crazy season.  Paulo works 18hr days for about 2 -3 weeks.  The height of his full time job and his side business overlap.  Whenever May 1 comes around, I just pull up my big girl pants and put a smile on my face and say "We're fine honey - don't even worry about us.  You just do what you need to".  I hate it - missing him, Thomas missing him...reading 3:15am on the clock when I hear him climb into bed, waking in the morning to an empty house as he is already up and out.  Its hard on us....but its so much harder on him.



Well today he had a rare morning off so he kept Thomas while I went to bible study.  When I came home, he and Thomas both yelled "Happy Mother's Day!" and presented me with my cards.  He had already informed me he'll be working all day sunday....Mother's day....and all day Saturday.  Oh yea - and all day Friday and all day Monday.  So yes - 4 full days of work this weekend.  Which means no time to celebrate mother's day....or so I thought.

But Paulo is the husband to let it just slip on by.  I'm okay with it - I have to be.  But not him - that's just not how he rolls.  He took today off - all day - to celebrate mother's day with me.  Because he is just that beautiful, wonderful, special, loving.

I'm so lucky.

So we went here...


which was wonderful as always....but even more so.  I ordered the wrong meal (which I rarely do), and my awesome husband insisted switching meals with me!!  He ate my reject meal and I ate his.

Hands off ladies - he's all mine!!

then we went to PANDORA so I could pick out a new bead, which was this.....

then we came home and hung out together - read some books, snuggled, just the 3 of us.  Perfect end to a perfect day.

Paulo will always be #1 on my list of 1000 Gifts

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like a keeper to me!