Thursday, June 14, 2012

1000 Gifts Thursday

The purpose of listing our gifts is to help us change our focus...our perspective....our attitude. 

Today I'm really struggling...

my house is a mess...haven't vaccumed or dusted

the dishes are piled up but the dishwasher has not yet been emptied of the clean dishes so I cannot put them there

the laundry has certainly become Mt Washmore...even higher

I'm behind on my work, and I have so much more research to do.

How did this all happen?  How did I get so far behind?  Because we had company, and I had a work trip, and I've been out this week helping a friend with her littles during their time of loss and sorrow.

So - how can I see any of my gifts today through all my mess and my struggling? 

By changing my focus....and perspective ....and attitude.  By re-writing all of the above:

my house is a mess...My house that is so H.O.M.E. for us...that is all ours....my house that God led us to and provided us...all part of His sweet plan and perfect timing.

the dishes are piled up but the dishwasher has not yet been emptied of the clean dishes so I cannot put them there....the dishes that held all of the meals I have cooked this week because I am able, with the groceries I purchased because we can afford

the laundry has certainly become Mt Washmore....the laundry pile so big because we have been blessed over and abundantly with clothing for ourselves and our boy....sheets for our cozy beds...towels to wrap in after our lengthy hot showers.


I'm behind on my work, and I have so much more research to do...Work that has been entrusted to me, by way of a friend who wholeheartedly believes in me, in my talent, and supports be by sharing me with her circle of friends...work that is only possible through God because He has given me the talent

we had company... a dear friend, who we love and adore and can never see enough of

I had a work trip...work that grants me more experience, builds my business, gets my name out there

I've been out this week helping a friend with her littles during their time of loss and sorrow. ..how honored I am that I could help a friend - a family - in a real and valuable way during one of the hardest weeks ever for them. 

Its all about perspective.  I don't know which chore to start, where to begin, how to get it all done, but I am certainly blessed to have all these options.  Thank you God for your gifts this week.

No comments: