Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Same

In a world where everything changes...
so much...so rapidly...
Especially when you live with a child who changes every single moment....
right before your eyes...
Nothing ever changes here...
and that it what I love the most about our vacation spot...
Nothing changes....ever...
Not the meals...
or the tents...
not Monday night Bingo
...Tuesday night Tie Dye
shuffleboard...
or golf croquet...
and most certainly not evenings with friends talking...laughing...sharing stories...
and snacks
Okay, maybe one thing changed this year
maybe...just maybe
someone turned 40 this year
 okay - it was me
but let's be honest...
I'm still the same.
and so too are all our friends...
which is why we go....
well them ....
and the sunset views....
 
which definitely never change


1 comment:

Jill said...

Happy Happy Birthday my friend --- my apologies for the late well wishes - and welcome to the club!