Saturday, August 11, 2012

This summer....


we aren't keeping to a schedule
or a set bedtime
some days we skip nap entirely
and some days we take one too really late
We're definitely doing lots of deck dinners
even if I'm not actually cooking
Are we getting in enough beach time? 
You better believe it!!
We've been busy this summer
Doing nothing 
and doing everything.
We wake up each morning and let the day unfold as it will.
Take a day trip on a moment's notice
Entertain guests at the last minute
Laundry? Cleaning?  Chores? 
Updating a blog? 
Those all keep getting pushed off
but I'm finally learning to live with"less than perfect"
Because here in New England, 
summer is fast and furious
10 short weeks
and it is so well worth it
to have a summer
that reminds me of my own childhood
wherever the wind takes me
or in our case...
wherever the sun takes us

No comments: