Monday, May 20, 2013

Darn that IKEA!!!

I love interior design.  I like mixing old with new, antiques and modern, function and beauty.  I'm always trying to improve our home - make everything more organized and therefore, more efficient, yet still keep a warm, inviting, cozy atmosphere.

We've been in our house nearly 2 1/2 years now and the office has never quite felt right.  Its a small-ish room and needs to serve 2 functions - full time office and part-time guest room.

While the room "worked", it felt like the ugly duckling of the house....didn't live up to the warmth and comfort that the other rooms offered.  Other than quick moments on the computer, the rest of the room was never being used (except as a dumping ground.  You know what I'm talking about....where everything goes when you can't don't want to deal with it.)  And since we don't live in a big, sprawling mansion, it was foolish to have a one whole room room being so underutilized.  

Paulo, anxious to end my complaining, conceded to finally giving that room some love, as sort of a Mother's Day gift.  And that's how I ended up at IKEA....again.

This time it was their expedit system.  It works.  Its solid.  Its simple.  My husband,  a carpenter by trade, has said that while yes he could build it, its cheaper and faster to just go with IKEA!

So we did. And while I don't really like that anyone can walk into my office and immediately identify IKEA, I do love the new, organized set-up.

But seriously - this will be my last IKEA trip.
Really....
   maybe....
 
 ...okay - we'll see.

No comments: