Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kicking my bucket list item

I've lived in the Boston area nearly 20 yrs (which seems impossible cause I just don't feel that old!!), and in Hull for 12 years now.  In all that time, I've seen the Boston Harbor Islands from so many land angles, and have always wanted to go.  Well, finally we did it!!  And it was as cool as I'd hoped!
Of the 12 islands open to the public, we chose to go to Peddocks - 1 of the only 2 islands with history still standing (history junkie that I am).  Peddocks Island is an old military post - used through the early 1950's.  Though most of the buildings are gone, about 8 are still standing - and of those 2 are open to the public. We brought our picnic lunch and enjoyed exploring, imagining what it was like back in the day, and taking in all the beautiful views. 
 
 Even Thomas thought it was quite cool
(hmmmm...maybe he's a future history nerd?!)
We even hit the sea glass jackpot on one of the beaches.  We collected more sea glass in one hour than I have over the course of my whole life!
 

PS - I had to wait a bit to post this as I wanted to be sure the boy was not infected with Triple E or worse.  I thought I had sprayed him down, but apparently he is just too sweet for those squeeters to resist!!  Man was he covered in bites!!!  But all better now.
Definitely one of the best days of the summer!

No comments: