Saturday, November 2, 2013

Soccer Star

I looked back through the blog to see if I've posted soccer before and saw that no, in fact, I did not.  

With very good reason.

This is Thomas' 3rd year of soccer....and the first 2 years were tough.  I mean T.O.U.G.H.

This kid is competitive....and a perfectionist....and he was young...

4yrs old

and 5 yrs old respectively
 
That combination did not bode well for him 

Most Saturdays we left the field in a heap of tears...

and I don't mean "we" the boy....

I mean we the boy and his mama.

But this year he has really turned the corner.  He's finally a team player!!

He is high fiving his teammates when they get a goal (rather than sobbing that he didn't get the goal).

He's passing the ball!

He is the first in line when shaking hands at the end of the game (rather than refusing as in past years).

When we first started out, I had asked a friend with 2 boys (older) what she thought, and she advised "keep bringing him, keep signing him up....at some point he'll get it".  I remember thinking " I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this, or keep subjecting other children to this".  But alas, she was right!  He's finally got it!!!


No comments: